crochet body project

A writer and art educator sets out to crochet a full-body self portrait.

Thursday, July 27, 2006

text inspiration

When I was puzzling through this project this morning, one thing that flashed through my mind was a poem that one of my creative writing professors, Janet McCann, read at an event many years ago. I can't remember the title, and can't remember enough of the actual wording to Google the thing, but it was about a dream she had in which she (as I remember) had to appear nude on stage, and looking out into the audience, found that they were dressed in elaborate "nude" bodysuits with jeweled genetalia.

I wish I could find that poem now. Probably I should email her and ask her to send me a copy.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nels said...

Yes, you should!

9:31 PM  
Blogger tria said...

I did! She's looking to see whether she can find a copy for me.

2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home